Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ugly cars: A direct comparison

I know that Mel is feeling like everyone is ripping on her car, and I feel badly about that. So I started thinking about whether the Element was TRULY the ugliest car? I think this side-by-side comparison of three ugly cars will convince you that it is, in fact, the most attractive of the three:

Witness, the Scion Xb:


The PT Cruiser:


And finally, the Element:


Of these three? Clearly the Element wins for most attractive. It is helped by the fact that, in this particular picture it has a sign above it that says "TACO". I like tacos.
Similarly, the Scion is undeniably the ugliest. So there, now we've done the experiment and I rescind my previous statement.

The Element is NOT the ugliest car in the world.
The Scion is the ugliest car in the world.

But lets compare to a truly beautiful car, the Jaguar XKE.


Am I not my father's daughter? Don't worry though mom, I'm with you on the Corvette.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

it is not, infact! although my dad has rolls and rolls and rolls of film dedicated to the Jag, i don't have any pics.
does your dad wear aqua velva? i would have picked him as more of a drakkar noir kinda guy. hee.

Anonymous said...

I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE PT CRUISER. I LIKE IT . AND HOW CAN YOU HAVE AN UGLY CAR CONTEST WITHOUT THE MAIN CONTENDER. THE AZTEC!WHOEVER DESIGNED THAT CAR SHOULD BE SHOT!

Melissa Greenfield said...

Lisa, your mom's yelling at you again. ;)

No seriously, don't feel bad. Although I appreciate it, I know my car isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Other people's cars aren't for me. :) I like thinking the Element is the pug of the car world. So ugly it's cute!

I do agree about the Aztec. Although I like the tent feature in it. And I don't think the PT Cruiser is that bad. The Scion looks like someone tried to pimp out a minivan.

Did people think the VW Bug was ugly when it first came out?