Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Walk for PKD

If I did not send you an email about this already, Brian and I have signed up to do the Walk for PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) in Chapel Hill on September 17. Not only do sitcom star George Lopez and fashionista Steven Cojocaru have PKD (and if you didn't know that you don't read enough People magazine, but I forgive you), we also have a friend who does. And besides, raise money AND get some exercise! Hurrah!

We would really appreciate your donations! Money from these donations will go straight into PKD research, providing funding for a scientist just like me. Except one who works on PKD.

You can make a donation online by clicking here. I think at this point you can probably choose to make the donation in either my name or in Brian's, but either way, its all going to the same place.

No other real blog news. The love of the new cars is rampant. I could just kiss they hybrid! And in fact, I have. A friend from Cleveland is in town for a meeting and we hope to see him tonight. Smokey is inexplicably peeing on the couch again. At least its not a) brand new and b) we're not showing our house, like last time she got into the couch-peeing frenzy. A week of heartburn has apparently begun, making me consider buying stock in Tums again. Now I know that its clearly not stress-related, its just random because I'm totally not stressed. New job starts on Monday so I'll have a new email address, which I'll pass along.

No comments: