Monday, December 12, 2005

whoopsie!

A friend of mine who lost her mother a while ago told me that after her mom died she got in... four car accidents in three months? or three car accidents in four months? I can't remember which actually. One of those.

I thought - yeah, ok.

Well, I'll be damned if I didn't get into a little fender-bender myself this morning. On my way to work. I was on the interstate (the one that keeps changing the traffic pattern) getting ready to exit. There was traffic, and there was lots of lane changing. And for one of these reasons, the guy in front of me stopped quickly and I rear-ended him.

I have noticed that I have trouble concentrating at work. I used to be pretty good at multi-tasking, but not right now. I end up taking it one experiment at a time. Not getting as much done as I'd like, but oh well. At least I can manage to get through one experiment without totally screwing it up. I didn't notice the lack of concentration in the car (as I'm usually noticing the crying - you know, thats when I'm un-busy enough to actually get the time to think about things).

So, everyone was ok. He said his back bumper was messed up or something. I didn't see it, but whatever. Sadly, I have injured my wonderful wonderful Civic hybrid. The hood is bent up a bit and doesn't close correctly, and there's a big gouge in the paint near the headlights. The nice policeman came and didn't give me a ticket. Now I'll wait and see what happens.

I haven't had a car accident since I was 16 or 17, which I mentioned in the 8-trackmobile posting. And other than the freaking airport speeding ticket from this summer, my record has been pretty clean. So hopefully this won't have too much of an impact on our insurance.

Bleh.

2 comments:

Melissa Greenfield said...

Yucky. Sorry to hear about that, I'm glad you are ok though.

Lisa said...

no! i know. its amazing.