Tuesday, October 24, 2006

WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE!!!

As you've probably seen, I've got a whole list of other people's blogs over there. Those are all the blogs that I check every day. Most of those people I actually know, but not all of them. We've got Roger and Brian (who are friends of Karl's), and we've got Annie and Adrienne. Annie found my blog during the Naughty Nauseef discussion, and now we keep up on eachothers blogs. Annie actually lives in Durham, so we're hoping to get together when schedules permit. And Adrienne is Annie's friend, who lives in Baltimore. Where, incidentally, Karl/Roger/Brian also live.
I got an email from Adrienne yesterday. She plays in the Hopkins Symphony Orchestra, which I'm a little bit jealous that I don't get to be in too. Oh, especially since I see you're playing De Falla - 'El Amor Brujo', which I love. We played it when I was in state honors orchestra, or MYSO, or something. Oh, thats not true actually. We played 'El Sombrero de Tres Picos', but I have a recording of that and 'El Amor Brujo' is the other piece on the CD. Thats why I got confused.
Anyhow! Also apparently in the JHSO is Roger (I think Karl's wife Aimee is too), and the other day at practice Roger met Adrienne. That is pretty crazy. The whole blog universe is collapsing in on itself!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The De Falla piece is with the chamber orchestra, which I'm not in because I don't practice on the weekend. But that is going to be pretty cool because they are going to have a flamenco dancer performing. You're welcome to come and stay with me if you want to come and see it!

Anonymous said...

This is crazy...you're right, I am in the HSO, specifically, the viola section.

Melissa Greenfield said...

Wait a minute... you made friends through your blog?!

Wow, maybe I should update more and see if I can make a friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee! I was the cello in Stand 6 causing trouble last night at rehearsal. Well, the younger one causing trouble. We were rowdy. Sorry!

Lisa said...

Well, not a real string quartet - I'm a woodwind player! Oboe was my main instrument, but I also played bassoon, flute and sax. I still play the sax sometimes (in my dorky work band!), but I haven't touched my oboe in years! I recently bought a few reeds though, so I was kinda thinking of giving it another shot. That first few times are going to be pretty depressing though...dying duck anyone?