Sunday, June 19, 2005

the long road to recovery

So, after turning in my thesis I spent a few days recovering. On Thursday I worked on my talk a little bit, but on Friday? Not for a second. I sat in a lounge chair on the deck working on my Irish tan (i.e. the accumulation of freckles) and spending a good deal of time (ok, practically the entire day) playing Game Boy. Oh, also I've been watching General Hospital again. In college, Amee and I planned our schedules around GH. Also, Days of our lives and Another World. But Days of our Lives is just so stupid now. I hate Marlena. And I hate um... that guy. John? Of course. He's dumb as rocks. Now, on GH there is some new person playing Felicia, which is crazy. I liked the old Felicia. I hate it when they have a new person playing a role, its very confusing. I couldn't figure out what was going on until they made a little announcement.

Oh my god. Tom and Katie got engaged?? Celebrities give marriage a bad name. They spoil it for the rest of us.

Ok, anyhow. I have also spent the last week watching season 1 of Arrested Development on DVD. I have to say, this is pretty much the funniest show on television. I can't believe I didn't watch it. I would have felt personally responsible if it had gotten cancelled because it doesn't get great ratings. Perhaps now I should begin a publicity campaign. Well, you should watch it. Its hilarious.

Yesterday we had TWO SHOWINGS. TWO. If we had gotten just one more we would have doubled our total number of showings in a single day. Today we're having an open house, so Brian and I came into work with the dog. Milo is not nuts about the idea of sitting here in Brian's office, but at least I get to use the computer. Hurrah! Now that I've got a little internet time, I'm buying my tickets to Manch-vegas, I think I'll be in NH from July 2-14. I'm looking forward to going up to the boat and sitting and eating cheese. Also will be going down to the Greenfields, so get my room ready!

Also yesterday Anna came over for dinner, brought a bottle of champagne and her dog Ostrich. He and Milo got along ok, which was good. We drank the champagne, we also drank from the Target Box-o-sangria that Brian just bought. Its good. Those Target box wines are actually decent, and CHEAP. This led to some drunkenness. Then Anna went home, Brian went to bed, and I commenced with the drunk phone calls.

First I called Marc, who I only ever get to talk to when I've had a few drinks. Marc lives in Portland and with the time change and the fact that the man doesn't get out of bed until 2 pm, the only time I'm awake late enough to call him is when I've been up doing something. While on the phone with Marc I called other people on my cell phone. Krishna, Amee. Katie. It was very exciting. Also Marc, I'm very sorry for taking the phone into the bathroom with me. I know we're good friends and all...
After I got off the phone with Marc I called my brother Jim. Talked to him for a while, finally went to bed. This morning? Not feeling that great.

The moral of the story is that I'm not buying the Target sangria anymore. Its far too easy to drink. Its like juice.

No comments: