Monday, June 06, 2005

Not sure what to get that special someone?

Our 5th wedding anniversary is coming up next week (and no, I can't believe its been 5 years either!), so I was looking online to see what the 'traditional' 5th anniversary gift is.
I was more amused by the 'modern' gifts for some later anniversaries, particularly:
44th: groceries. heh. If Brian came home with groceries for our anniversary that would be the last one.
46th: original poetry tribute.
48th: optical goods (such as a microscope, for all that basement microbiology you're doing).
100th: 10 carat diamond. If you make it to your 100th wedding anniversart, I doubt you have the cognitive ability to go to the store and pick out a 10 carat diamond. Not to mention the fact that you've probably already spent all of your retirement money (because I bet you didn't think you'd live that long!)

1 comment:

Melissa Greenfield said...

Ok I don't get the groceries thing. That seems like a 1 or 2 year anniversary. Hello? Don't you buy groceries every week?!